(sample page for my students' use)
During the research paper unit I learned how to conduct online research using databases, how to write a scholarly paper using MLA format, how to use all features of NoodleTools, and what resources colleges make available to students to help them succeed. I will be sure to take advantage of the general and subject librarians, online databases, and other lending services at my college's library. I am very pleased to have studied this unit as a high school senior because I now feel prepared for college level research.
The Top Fifteen Things I Learned
1) I learned how to cite using MLA guidelines.
2) I am better informed about all the resources (computers,equipment,etc.) that college libraries offer.
3) I know how to stay healthy in college.
4) I learned what can be classified as plagiarism.
5) I learned how and when to correctly use parenthetical citations.
6) I learned how to properly format an introduction and conclusion.
7) I learned how to create and classify note cards.
8) I learned how to navigate through databases to find effective and good sources.
9) I understand what is expected on a college level paper and how often research papers are written for any college major.
10) I learned the importance of printing out a final product to check for errors before submitting it.
11) I learned what an embedded librarian is
12) I can't wait to attend a library workshop next year
13) I improved my formal scholarly language style
14) I know the ways of incorporating evidence
15) I have a number of effective signal phrases saved in my docs